XXXV DAE Sports & Cultural Meet 2019-20
March 16-20, 2020
Venue: Indoor Sports Complex, RRCAT Indore
RRCAT Staff Club will be hosting the Carrom Tournament as a part of XXXV DAE Sports & Cultural Meet 2019-20 at Raja Ramanna Center for Advanced Technology, Indore.
|Manager’s Meeting||March 15, 2020 18:00 hrs, Conference Hall, RRCAT Guest House|
|Opening Ceremony||March 16, 2020 09:00 hrs, Open Air Theatre, RRCAT Colony
|Carrom Event||March 16-20, 2020 at Indoor Sports Complex, RRCAT Colony|
|Camp Fire||March 19, 2020 19:30 hrs, RRCAT Guest House|
|Prize distribution & Closing Ceremony||March 20, 2020 16:00 hrs, Convention Centre, RRCAT Colony
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), an R & D unit of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India is working in front line areas of Lasers, Particle Accelerators & related technologies. RRCAT was established on February 19, 1984 and its’ campus is spread in over 760 hectare on the outskirts of Indore city. The centre is pioneering the development of variety of laser systems and their utilization in diverse applications viz. Industry, Medicine and Research. The laser systems are also effectively used in demanding applications related to nuclear power reactors. The centre has also the distinction of mastering the technology of particle accelerators. It’s two indigenously developed Synchrotron Radiation Sources, Indus-1 (450 MeV) and Indus-2 (2.5. GeV) are running in round the clock mode and serving as a national facility to cater the needs of various research and academic institutions.
Indore is the largest and most developed city in Madhya Pradesh state in central India and is situated on Malwa plateau. Indore is one of the few cities in India which is having both an IIT and an IIM. Indore has been awarded as the Cleanest City of India for last three consecutive years by the Government of India under Swachh Survekshan 2017-2019. RRCAT Colony has been awarded the cleanest residential colony of the city by Indore Municipal Corporation, which makes us feel proud about holding this event in the cleanest part of the country.
- Indore is well connected by road, rail and air to all the major cities.
- Climate during the meet period will be warm during daytime and pleasant at nighttime (35°/18°, Sunshine).
- Participants are advised to make their own arrangements for return journey reservations also.
- All players in the team shall bring their own playing kit.
- All participants must carry their official departmental Identity Cards.
- The accommodation for all participants will be arranged at RRCAT Guest house on first come first serve basis. However efforts will be made to accommodate all the participants to the extent possible.
- The teams are requested to reach by the forenoon of March 15, 2020 Sunday.
- The boarding arrangements will start with Lunch on March 15, 2020 and will end with morning breakfast on March 21, 2020. Charges will be Rs. 100/- per day per person for 06 days as per DAE S&CC guidelines and payable in full on arrival.
- Due to paucity of the accommodation it will not be possible to accommodate any extra family member, other than players and managers. The participants are requested to bear with the inconvenience in this regard and extension of stay will not be possible in any case.
- Each team will have maximum of 9 players including a team manager.
- DAE units have been divided into eight teams namely AJANTA, ELLORA, DWARKA, PUSHKAR, KONARK, GOLCONDA, NAGARJUNA and RAMESHWARAM with leader unit as given in guidelines.
- At RRCAT Colony: Sukhniwas Lake, Sukhniwas Palace, Diamond Jubilee Park, Lake side Garden
- At Indore: Rajawada Palace, Lal Bag Palace, Sarafa Bazar, 56 Dukan, Kanch Mandir, Khajrana Ganesh Temple, Central Museum, Nakhrali Dhani, etc .
- Around Indore: Mandu, Maheshwar, Ujjain (Mahakaleshwar), Omkareshwar etc.
Shri. Avinash Puntambekar
President, RRCAT Staff Club
9406683263, 0731-244-2266, avinash[at]rrcat.gov.in
Shri. Praveen Kr. Agrawal
Secretary, RRCAT Staff Club
9425831055, 0731-244-2419, praveen[at]rrcat.gov.in
Dr. M. P. Joshi
Convener of the Meet
9009441814, 0731-248-8353, mukesh[at]rrcat.gov.in
Shri. Navneet Sharma
0731-244-2248, 9752699871, navneet[at]rrcat.gov.in
Shri. Uday Chakravarty
0731-244-2026, 8435718289, uday[at]rrcat.gov.in
Shri. Ishant Dave